Back in 2011 I started dating my long time best friend. He was the love of my life and all that I cared about for over a year. While we were dating I was working a lot and he was doing nothing but sitting on his ass all day, playing video games and watching Cops all day. I begged and begged for him to get a job. After a couple of months I had had enough. I had the bright idea of letting him be a driver at work. It was awesome at first but then it all went wrong and depressing. We broke up back in May and it has been hell ever since. Now I am begging him to quit and he wont leave!
Now my family and friends started telling me how you should never date someone who you work with. Where was this bit of information when I was 19, young, and naive?
This is just some of the stuff that I had done to my ex and he had done to me. Hell hath no furry like a redheaded scorned.
1. 19-20 year old men are complete idiots. How could you expect me to not get upset when you bring your new girlfriend to ride along on deliveries with you… a week after we broke up! Oh, and I noticed the hickeys all over your neck.
2. The first couple weeks after we broke up I spent the majority of my time sabotaging him. I know it was immature and I should be the better person, but it was fun.
3. It was a little awkward when one of the factory workers that we used to talk to, mainly the two of them talked about trucks and NASCAR. Completely ignored him after the factory worker witnessed my reaction when my ex’s new girlfriend came into work with him. Now he comes in to see how I’m doing.
4. One time, actually this was last Friday, I was called to come into work earlier. When I walked into the restaurant he was eating lunch with his new girlfriend! At least I looked fabulous with my curled hair and a little sweater on, she looked like she hadn’t showered in a month. It gets worse though, he had to go on a delivery while she was still eating her lunch. This was during the slowest time of the day at the store. It was just me and her, so awkward. I ended up being really nice to her, which kind of surprised me.
5. I know that this is wrong, and inappropriate and immature but remember I am 20, going through my first break up with my best friend since sophomore year at high school. Back in July I changed my cousins name on my phone to a 28 year old bartender who I happened to meet at the bar. When my phone kept blowing up all night and he totally looked and asked questions of who it was, It was a great feeling.
6. Now that the weather has cooled down and it is not 105° in the store I love doing my hair again. To me, doing my hair is the one thing that I can control in my life. Plus, I finally figured out how to curl my hair and not look like Medusa. Then one day, he touched my curl ever so lightly. He was kind of behind me so I didn’t actually see it but I felt it. I had no idea what was happening, I thought I was imagining it so I put it out of my mind. Then the next week he did it again! Right in front of me. When I was getting ready for work this weekend I decided to straighten it so that he wouldn’t touch it. I hadn’t been at work for a full 20 minutes when he told me that “Your hair looks really pretty today”. Apparently I can’t do anything with my hair that doesn’t give you a total boner. Thanks for making me want to go back to sabotaging you.
On the bright side we have been getting along better than ever and I have started to return to the rational thinking woman that I have always been. One little hick-up isn’t that big of a deal. I am ashamed to admit some of these things, but it is the truth. And it is pretty funny what a woman is capable after she has been scorned.